Our Cash Management Checking account is a limited transaction money market account designed for customers with larger savings balances. This account traditionally pays a higher rate of interest than our Business Savings account, and has the added convenience of being able to access funds via Debit Card or check.
- Only $100 to open
- $1,000 minimum daily balance requirement to avoid a $10 monthly service charge fee.
- 20 Free CVB and 20 Free non CVB deposited items, $0.06 for each after.
- Tiered interest bearing account
- Debit Card available
- Images of checks are available with statement
- Free Telephone Banking
- Free Overdraft Transfer Protection
- Free Automatic Funds Transfers
- Free Online Banking
- Free eStatements
Click here for a list of our current rates.
Rates may change after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings.
What’s included for free
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
- Visa Debit Card
- Telephone Banking
- Bank-owned ATM access
- Four Foreign ATM Withdrawals, Balance Transfers, Inquiries and Deposits per month
- Online and Email Alerts
- Overdraft Transfer Protection (1)
- Automatic Funds Transfers
What you pay for
- Monthly Service Charge Fee(if your daily balance goes below $1000.00) - $10.00
- * NSF-Return item fee (per Item) (1) - $25.00
- * OD paid item fee (per item) (1) - $25.00
- Stop Payment (each) (2) - $25.00
- Returned Item / Chargeback (3) - $0.00
- Excess Withdrawal Fee (each) (4) - $2.50
- Box of Checks - $Prices Vary
- Check Images Online - $0.00
- Statement Copies Online - $0.00
- Incoming Wire Transfer - $20.00
- Outgoing Domestic Wire - $20.00
- Outgoing Foreign Wire - $40.00
* Created by check, in-person withdrawal, or electronic means (including recurring debit card transactions) other than point of sale or ATM transactions, unless you opt-in to Valley Balance Plus, then fees also apply to POS and ATM Transactions. Maximum of 10 combined OD/NSF Fees per day.
Account is subject to fees for other banking services as applicable.
(1) When you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a check or other item. These can potentially be avoided by taking advantage of Free Automatic Transfer Protection.
(2) An order to request that the Bank not pay a check that has been written but not cashed.
(3) Occurs when a check you deposited into your account does not clear the account of the person who wrote it to you. The amount that you were given credit is withdrawn from your account, but no fee is charged to you.
(4) Non-teller withdrawal transaction on Savings and Money Market accounts to 6 per statement cycle. A $2.50 fee applies for each non-teller withdrawal transaction past the allowed six. Some examples of Non-Teller transactions include: automatic payments, debit card transactions, checks and drafts. Lobby and ATM transactions are not limited, and therefore are not subject to excess transaction fees.
How can I make deposits to my account?
Currently you can make deposits using the following channels:
- Branch lobby
- ATMs that accept deposits
- Online Banking transfer
- US Mail
- Wire Transfer
- ACH (Automated Clearing House)
How can I access the money in my account?
- Use a Visa debit card or checks for purchases or payments
- Use your Visa debit card at an ATM to get cash
- Request cash back when using your Visa debit card at a store
- Use Free Online Bill Pay for making payments
- Call or visit a branch to request a cashiers check or wire transfer
- Make a withdrawal from any one of our branches
- Authorize recurring electronic money transfers to your account at another institution
How much money can I withdrawal using my debit card at an ATM?
The standard daily ATM withdrawal limit is $505 per debit card.
Does my debit card have a daily purchase limit?
Daily point of sale (POS) is $5,000.00.
How long does it take to receive a new debit card?
Debit cards can be printed at the time of new account opening.
How long does it take to receive new checks?
You should expect to receive your checks within 10 business days of opening an account.
Is there an advantage to eStatements over traditional paper statements?
Yes, definitely. Not only are eStatements better for the environment, but they are also more timely, secure and overall convenient. To get started with eStatements, login to your Online Banking, click on the E-Documents tab and follow the simple onscreen instructions.
What do I do if my debit card or checks have become lost or stolen?
To report a lost or stolen debit cards call:
- (509) 664-5453 Monday – Friday. 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- (800) 472-3272 After Hours
To report lost or stolen checks call your local branch as soon as possible during regular business hours, or you may place a Stop Payment request yourself in your Online Banking. There is a $25 fee for each Stop Payment request.