- $100 initial opening deposit
- $500 minimum daily balance requirement to avoid a $6 monthly service charge fee
- Interest bearing account
- No per check or withdrawal charges
- Customer purchase checks
- Unlimited check writing
- Images of paid checks available in your statement and online
- Must be 16 years or older to open
Rates may change after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings.
What’s included for free
- Currency & Coin Purchases & Sales
- Online Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements
- Mobile Banking
- Visa Debit Card
- Telephone Banking
- Bank-owned ATM access
- Four Foreign ATM Withdrawals, Balance Transfers, Inquiries and Deposits per month
- Online and Email Alerts
- Overdraft Transfer Protection (1)
- Automatic Funds Transfers
What you pay for
- Monthly Service Charge Fee if minimum balance is not met - $6.00
- *NSF - Returned Item Fee (per Item) (1) -$25.00
- *OD - Paid Item Fee (per Item) (1) - $25.00
- Stop Payment or Alerts (each) (2) - $25.00
- Returned Item / Chargeback (3) - $0.00
* Created by check, in-person withdrawal, or electronic means (including recurring debit card transactions) other than point of sale or ATM transaction, unless you opt-in to Valley Balance Plus, then fees also apply to POS and ATM transactions. Maximum of 5 combined OD/NSF fees per day.
- Box of checks - Prices vary
- Check Images Included in your Statement (optional) - $ 0.00
- Check Images Online - $ 0.00
- Statement Copies Online - $ 0.00
(1) When you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a check or other item. These can potentially be avoided by taking advantage of Free Automatic Transfer Protection.
(2) An order to request that the Bank not pay a check that has been written but not cashed.
( 3) Occurs when a check you deposited into your account does not clear the account of the person who wrote it to you. The amount that you were given credit is withdrawn from your account, but no fee is charged to you.
How can I make deposits to my account?
Currently you can make deposits using the following channels:
- Branch lobby
- ATMs that accept deposits
- Online Banking transfer
- US Mail
- Wire Transfer
- ACH (Automated Clearing House)
- Bank To Bank Transfer
- Remote Capture
How can I access the money in my account?
- Use a Visa debit card or checks for purchases or payments
- Use your Visa debit card at an ATM to get cash
- Request cash back when using your Visa debit card at a store
- Use Free Online Bill Pay for making payments
- Call or visit a branch to request a cashiers check or wire transfer
- Make a withdrawal from any one of our branches
- Authorize recurring electronic money transfers to your account at another institution
How much money can I withdrawal using my debit card at an ATM?
The standard daily ATM withdrawal limit is $505 per debit card.
Does my debit card have a daily purchase limit?
Daily point of sale (POS) is $5,000.00.
How long does it take to receive a new debit card?
Debit cards can be printed at the time of new account opening.
How long does it take to receive new checks?
You should expect to receive your checks within 10 business days of opening an account.
What do I do if my debit card or checks have become lost or stolen?
To report a lost or stolen debit card call:
(509) 664-5453 Monday – Friday. 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(800) 472-3272 After Hours
To report lost or stolen checks call your local branch as soon as possible during regular business hours, or you may place a Stop Payment request yourself in your Online Banking. There is a $25 fee for each Stop Payment request.